Read about our impact for the kingdom in 2022
lack of biblical literacy…
…is the greatest crisis in the global church.
AWKNG School of Theology is committed to awakening Christians to a deeper understanding of the Bible.
As Christians, we need the Word of God desperately for our growth, discipleship, and effectiveness.
So, why don’t more Christians engage with the Bible?
When asked about frustrations that keep Christians from engaging the Bible, Barna Group surveyors’ top answers included:
- "don't know where to start"
- "language is difficult to relate to"
- "the layout is difficult to navigate"
- "don't understand the background"
Barna, in their State of the Bible 2022 survey, found that scripturally engaged people have been declining over the last three years:
Every year, the number of Christians who engage with the Bible decreases largely because they simply don’t understand it.
It’s time to do something about this!
When you partner with AWKNG School of Theology,
Your gift goes 100% towards our four initiatives. All administrative and faculty costs are covered by our course sales, allowing your donation to be 100% applied to these project areas:
1. The Dr. Michael Heiser Scholarship Fund– our heart is to never have to turn anyone away. If someone desires to learn a deeper understanding of the Bible, but lacks the financial means to take a course, we want to be there to help!
2. The Pastoral Initiative– designed to equip pastors and missionaries around the world who don’t have access to traditional Seminary training. The Certificate of Biblical Doctrine program will equip them with foundational theological training for the work of the ministry. (Formally known as “Seminary on a Flash Drive”)
3. Translation of Courses– to expand our reach, our desire is to translate our courses into multiple languages, making them accessible to more people worldwide.
4. Entry-Level Resources– we know everyone is at a different level in their Bible study journey and we want to ensure that we are also equipping those who are just starting out. By providing entry-level resources we want to meet people where they are and help them develop an appetite for God’s Word.
HERE’S WHAT OUR STUDENTS ARE SAYING
AWKNG School of Theology has given me the opportunity to grow more in the Word of God in the past two years than I had in the entire decade prior to enrolling. It has given me the tools I need to effectively minister to teens and men in the church where I serve.
Because of AWKNG School of Theology, understanding the supernatural worldview of the Bible and how it intersects with the practical Christian life has become one of my passions!
Learning how to read and study the text like an ancient Israelite (in its contexts of the ancient near East), really resolved and answered so many questions I had. It also helped me understand more the important core aspects of the faith, such as the image of God, the gospel, and their application for us today.